Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Success!!

Well, having decided to record the long and difficult process of getting first an agent and then a publishing deal, I can report that on my first attempt I have garnered the interest of a major London literary agency.
Having sent them the first three chapters of my novel, along with a four page synopsis, I was told that there would be a two to three month wait for a response. At least they were efficient enough to let me know, thus avoiding any unnecessary anxiety. Then, after ten weeks, an e-mail asking for the full manuscript, and also enquiring as to whether the work had been sent direct to any other agent or publisher.
That happened at the end of August, so, having sent the material and received confirmation that it will be another two months at least before I learn whether or not this agency will represent me, the waiting will continue. On, and on, and on and.....

No comments: