Monday, November 07, 2011

UK Publication week!

It's here! Finally, after what feels like several decades, COVENANT is due for release in the UK this Thursday. After great launches in both Australia and the United States, this is still the 'big' one for me, my debut novel on my home turf.

Watch out for it in all major stores and supermarkets, as it's going to be everywhere! It's the WHSmith TRavel Read of the Week; a WHS Great Read Guaranteed promotion title; A Tesco 'Books We Love' title; Amazon are running a promotional e-mail campaign, and Sainsbury's and Asda are promoting it as a 'chart' title.

Finally, I'd like to thank everybody who has followed my blog since it began about five years ago, long before I had an agent or publisher, and was writing in my spare time ( when I had any! ). I know many of my followers are aspiring authors themselves, and I'll mention again that my debut's publication just proves that it CAN happen to you, just like it happened to me. Stick with it.

9 comments:

Paul Grzegorzek said...

I will be purchasing a copy forthwith and burying myself in it until the last page is done. Congrats mate, really looking forward to this and here's hoping it rockets up the charts!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with that, mate. Hope it does just as well in the UK as it seems to be doing in other parts of the world. I'm sure it will soon be at number 1.

John Carson

K M Kelly said...

Congratulations - that must be such a great feeling! I'll keep and eye out for it :-)

Dean Crawford said...

Thanks all :o)

Author said...

Congratulations, Dean.

Here's to a massive success!

Jen Black said...

I'm off to town, and I'll certainly look out for it! Good Luck with sales!

Anonymous said...

Hi Deano,
Amazon have just emailed me to say my pre order has been processed and the book will be dispatched shortly. Hopefully before I see you at the weekend.
First beer is definitely on me.
Very, very best wishes,
Andy KS

Dean Crawford said...

Thanks Matt and Jen!

Great news Andy, looking forward to Saturday mate! :o)

Dean Owen said...

Amazing day for you, Dean. It's funny being in a position to say I actually read it two months ago! So, to everybody purchasing Covenant in the UK, you won't be disappointed!